Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23, 2010 Out and About

Here are some things that have helped me when going out and about with SBG and wanted to pass them on to you! Please share any suggestions you may have too!!

1) Grocery Cart Cover-these things are awesome! Gives Mama piece of mind from germs but baby has fun too. I actually have a vinyl one for SBG that we got from Target, cleans super easy.

2) Always park next to the grocery cart "holders" in the parking lot; they have these anywhere carts are used for shopping like Walmart, Target, or your local grocery store. It is so much easier to get baby in and out when you are right next to your cart, then at the end of shopping trip you and baby have easy access to the cart/car and don't have to worry about taking it the whole back to another cart holder.

3) Try to keep a clean sippy cup, blankets, diapers, and extra toys in the car. I don't always have this when I need it but when I do am I glad!! In case you are on your way to Grandma's and forgot a sippy cup at least you have piece of mind you have one stashed in the car.

4) One way I keep SBG distracted in the car if she is getting bored is to count the signs and ask what color they are; we may have a game of count all the green signs, I count and she gets a kick out of finding all of them.

5) I watched an episode of Super Nanny where she had the kids play grocery store at home and let the kids have a "list," I have to say, the woman knows what she is talking about, great transition for the kids to enjoy the store!

Until next week,
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment