Friday, July 16, 2010

Packing that bag!!

July 16, 2010

I had a wonderful lunch with a wonderful friend today who is due in a couple months, we got to talking about her hospital stay and it inspired me to come up with a list that helped me out. Now this list has been passed on to many mama's to be but it wasn't done all by myself. During my pregnancy with SBG, I asked every girlfriend I knew who had given birth to send me their hospital bag list, so thanks to all of them!!! Here are some ideas from the girls and some ideas of my own. Please post what you thought was helpful during your stay at the hospital and many things you wish you had but forgot!!

Hospital bag checklist:



1) Boppy

2) Birth plan

3) Cell phone chargers

4) Chapstick

5) Focal Point

6) For the hubby:
a) Change of clothes
b) Toothbrush/toothpaste
c) Pillow/blanket

7) Hair dryer (even if you do not use one bring one for drying hair if you have a c-section. my hospital did not have one)

8) Laptop

9) Number for your pharmacy

10) Outfits for baby-- The outfit we had was way too big for our baby boy, pack at least one cute preemie outfit for the photo. (Just in case!)


11) Phone List

12) Pillow

13) PJ's-get a dark color and don't spend too much money. A nightgown is preferable b/c they do check you during the night. I also had a pair of silk pajamas and I wore those pants home!! ( I call those babies my Brenda Walsh jammies) :)

14) Plenty of hair ties

15) Pre-printed list of all your important information to give to the hospital staff when you check in.

16) Shower shoes (flip flops)

17) Socks

18) Toilet paper, the hospital's was really rough

No comments:

Post a Comment